Apr 6, 2021
Join Yvonne Brandenburg, RVT,
VTS SAIM and Jordan Porter RVT, LVT, VTS SAIM as we talk
- Mental Health: Understanding Burn Out,
Compassion Fatigue, and Depression: Mental Health
- First: We are not mental health professionals.
We recommend you seek the advice of your mental health professional
or other qualified provider with any questions regarding your
- We understand this may be a very sensitive
subject, some of these conversations may be triggers for certain
- If you are feeling suicidal, thinking of
harming yourself, or are concerned that someone you know may be in
danger of hurting himself or herself, call the National Suicide
Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) or visit
your local emergency room.
- Text: HOME to 741741 in US and Canada or 85258
in UK, 50808 Ireland
- The information in this podcast episode is
intended to help listeners learn about mental health and suicide
prevention. It is for information purposes only. This episode
should NOT be used as a substitute for medical advice, counseling,
or other health-related services.
Question of the Week
- What is something happy you have in vet med
that helps with compassion satisfaction?
Resources We Mentioned in
- Help Guide: Burnout Prevention and
- Today's Veterinary Nurse: Antidote to
- Crisis Prevention: Compassion Fatigue
- Psychiatry: What is
- AVMA: Wellbeing Resources:
- Practice Life: How to Spot and Treat Team
Burnout from COVID 19:
Thanks so much for tuning
in. Join us again next week for another
Want to earn some RACE approved CE credits for listening
to the podcast? You can
earn between 0.5-1.0 hour of RACE approved CE credit for each
podcast episode you listen to.
Join the Internal Medicine For
Vet Techs Membership to earn and keep track of your continuing
education hours as you get your learn on!
Join now! http://internalmedicineforvettechsmembership.com/
Get Access to the Membership
Site for your RACE approved CE certificates
Get Access to the Technician
– Yvonne and