Oct 22, 2019
002 Episode: Getting Medications into Pets
For complete show notes please
and choose episode # 002
Welcome! Thanks for listening and making a commitment to
Things you will learn
to get medications into pets
to look for when offering tips; prescription diets, food aversion,
- Client education
demos (Tech utilization is important)
- Confirm dosing medications (Before/after/with
- Sucralfate, Denamarin, etc.
labwork being run? Which medications have been given, and what
with lab on when blood samples should be obtained if monitoring
- Discuss medication side effects with
- Should that medication be split?
Plumb’s to learn more about medications you are
- Follow medications with food or water to reduce
the risk of esophagitis or esophageal stricture
to get medications
- Medication waste
regulation guidelines should be reviewed.
Tip of the week
- Butter to help meds pass in cats: A study done
by Auburn University
Piller- inform clients
- Coupons for clients through
- Esophageal strictures
drugs can cause this
- Aspiration pneumonia
- Inform clients drugs should not be added to
injections can use e-collar, muzzle, large blankets, or distraction
- Remember to teach clients how to safely cap
needles and get rid of sharps properly.
Question of the week
- What cool tip for client
education/medicating pets can you share?
Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- Prescription Coupons:
- Phamalogical Education
- Wedgewood Pharmacy Education
Thanks so much for tuning
in. Join us again next week for another episode!
- Direct Download from the
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or your
favorite podcast player for free!
- If you enjoyed this episode, rate and
leave us a review wherever you can!
Thanks for listening!
– Yvonne and Jordan