Oct 15, 2019
001 Who’s Who in Veterinary Medicine
For complete show notes please
and choose episode # 001
Welcome! Thanks for listening and making a commitment to
In today's episode we discuss the different jobs within a
Join Yvonne Brandenburg, RVT, VTS SAIM and Jordan Porter, RVT,
LVT, VTS SAIM as we talk about what being an assistant, technician,
doctor, or front staff member is all about.
Things you will learn
history of Veterinary Technicians
been “Vet techs” for how long?
members that make up a veterinary practice
- Receptionist Day: May 8, 2019
- Credentialing for Vet Techs
- LVT: Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, Kentucky, Maine,
Michigan, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Dakota, South Carolina,
Texas, Virginia, Washington
- RVT: California, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa,
Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Missouri, New Mexico, North Carolina,
Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, West Virginia
CVT: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Idaho,
Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, New
Hampshire, New Jersey, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont,
- None: Connecticut, Utah
the heck is a Veterinary Technician Specialist??
- Cautions of the job
of the week
- Continue learning, even if it is not
Question of the week
- What’s your position/job title and where
do you want to go? And, what are you willing to do to get there?
Where are you and what made you decide to work in veterinary
medicine/ tell us about yourself?
Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- History of Veterinary Technicians:
- Academy of Internal Medicine for Veterinary
- Jordan finding out she obtained her VTS
- Continuing education source:
- Internal Medicine for Pet
Thanks so much for tuning
in. Join us again next week for another episode!
- Direct Download from the
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or your
favorite podcast player for free!
- If you enjoyed this episode, rate and
leave us a review wherever you can!
Thanks for listening!
– Yvonne and Jordan